Applied and Computational Mathematics for Kazakhstan28 Feb 2017
From 20th to 25th of February 2017 I participated in a workshop organized by the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. The goal of this workshop was mainly to discuss a new Bachelor degree Programme Applied and Computational Mathematics. The particularity of this Programme is that all courses are going to be taught in English. This educational programme is a part of the “Kazakhstan 2050” Strategy.
Among the participants (besides the Author of this post) we had the pleasure to count the following experts:
- Sergey Cherny, Institute of Computational Technologies, SB RAS, Russia
- Alexander Gasnikov, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Russia
- Sergey Kabanikhin, Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics, SB RAS, Russia
- Julius Kaplunov, Keele University, UK
- Matthias Meinke, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Lian-Ping Wang, University of Delaware
The conclusions and recommendations issued during this workshop are going to be published in workshop materials to make outcomes available for other Kazakh (and not only Kazakh) Universities.